Continuing on from my last blog post, here are 5 more points that I took away from Kurek Ashley’s book, “How Would Love Repond?”….Feel free to comment and share your thoughts.
6. The more you develop yourself as a person, the more personally developed you become. Evolvement is our life’s quest. If we are not evolving, we are dissolving. Evolvement is not a destination; it is a continual process- our life’s quest.
7. The 3 P’s of Power – Perception, Perturbation and Procession. How we choose to see something depends on how we look at it. It is our perception that makes an event appear good or bad. An event might appear bad on the day it happened, but could appear good much later, when seen from a different perspective. It’s still the same event.
Pushing through the challenges that appear to block your path of achieving your dreams and goals is the experience of perturbation. Perturbation forces you to expand and reinvent yourself. Moving toward our fear is where the real growth happens. It’s where the real appreciation happens.
When you do positive amazing things for yourself and others, the more positive amazing things come back to you. It’s not about the goal, it’s about the growth. The ripple effect is like when you throw pebbles into a pond. The ripples go all the way to the shore and then it reverses back. The energy comes back bigger and better – it evolves. Positive or negative, it will come back to you – you make the choice.
8. Plant positive seeds and pull negative weeds. Consciously put positive thoughts in, and weed out the negative ones. Awareness is very important to hear these thoughts in our own heads. When weeding out the negative ones, do it in a kind and empowering way. If you don’t, it’s still negative and disempowering. Be kind to yourself.
9. Live in the Light! Whose responsibility is it to make sure you are empowered? It’s not your partner’s job, nor your parents; it’s not your boss’s job, nor the government’s!
It’s your job! We are responsible for ourselves, and to make sure we are empowered. From a physical point of view, if we want our bodies full of power then eating healthy and avoiding junk makes more sense. You are what you eat, so make it healthy, empowering food. Ill health in your body, relationships, business, etc. can wipe out goals and dreams with the destructive energy from negativity. Be proactive, not reactive. That is taking responsibility. We can’t change others, but we can take responsibility to not let others disempower us. Responding in an empowering way gains power, which makes you powerful = personal power.
10. Ten guaranteed ways to be and stay happy. This one is a bonus, as it is broken into 10 parts. There are a lot more than 10 things, let alone 20 gems that are in this book. I made my choice to apply them to my life, how about you? Here is a summary:
- Physiology – change the way you carry your body and you will change how you feel – instantly. Stand taller, sit straighter, breathe deeper, smile.
- Choose what you focus on – whatever the situation, focus on the positive side, you will feel great about it. Focus on the negative side, you will feel bad about it. The choice is yours. To change the result, change what you focus on. Every situation has both sides – if you say no, you’re not looking hard enough.
- Utilise the Law of Relativity – don’t get caught in the comparison trap. Make comparisons with things that make you feel empowered, not disempowered.
- Stop telling disempowering stories – if it doesn’t serve you don’t say it. Stay out of the “drama glue”. Turn the negative stories off, replay the positive ones.
- Live with CDI – Consistent Daily Improvement. If you commit to improving your quality of life by just 1% every day, then at the end of the year your life will be 365% improved! We tend to underestimate what we can do in a year, 5 years or 10 years; yet we tend to overestimate what we can do in a day, week or month. Reverse this and watch the results.
- Let go of your judgment, and have fewer rules – Judgment is the need to be right. If you let go of that need, your life becomes easier and happier. Conflicts usually stem from rules conflicts. Choose your battles wisely and save your energy for things that will be life giving, not life taking. Ask yourself, “Is it more important to be right or kind?”
- Be full of peace and free of stress – Stress in the body causes dis-ease. Dis-ease of the mind creates disease of the physical body. Stress is the result of having stressful thoughts. Therefore, when you’re at peace, your mind is at ease. The choice is ours to make.
- Be empowering about everything. Let your light shine, it is contagious.
- Practice forgiveness on a regular basis – just because you feel someone has wronged you doesn’t mean you need to be the judge, jury and executioner. Anger, jealousy, hate and envy all stem from the ego. When you forgive, you begin to heal. You reap what you sow, and the people will get what they deserve. It is important to trust this. If you don’t forgive, you don’t heal. Dis-ease leads to disease. Forgiveness is not about anyone else, it is for you.
- Be grateful – Gratitude is empowering. Being empowering attracts empowerment. Count your blessings, so that they can continue to be added to.
Have a most outstanding day!